A journal as I travel around Europe with Everybody Was In The French Reststance...Now

I will be posting nonsense/pic's etc as I travel around the UK & Europe as guitarist/"musical facilitator" aka the bloke fiddling about at the back with Everybody Was In The French Resistance ...Now .

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Hamburg ...




.... is ****ing freezing ! Berlin was cold but the streets of Hamburg are covered in frozen ice ! We are staying at a nice small hotel run by a very friendly chap on the famous Reeperbahn where some band The Beatles once stayed, alongside some other less dubious artists ! (see pic !). The venue, built in the late 1800's, used to be one of the first movie theater's in Germany, & has been a gig since the late 60's (we are told Bowie played here in the early 1970's!). After soundcheck I buy the German "Rolling Stone" magazine as there is an article & review on EWITFRN in there & "Creeque Allies" is on the cd attatched to the cover ! ... shame it is in German as I can't work out if the review is complimentary or not ! Anyway on to the gig: to be honest I was a bit knackered from the previous late night, but did my best & thanks to the promoter giving us a litre bottle of Jack Daniels! it was actually one of the best gigs of the tour !! I even recovered enough to have a bit of a dance at the indie disco afterwards, being Saturday night n'all that! (& thankfully there are no pictures available of that !).

No comments:

Post a Comment