A journal as I travel around Europe with Everybody Was In The French Reststance...Now

I will be posting nonsense/pic's etc as I travel around the UK & Europe as guitarist/"musical facilitator" aka the bloke fiddling about at the back with Everybody Was In The French Resistance ...Now .

Thursday 11 February 2010

Come back to Camden...





Well the day arrived, the "official" debut of EWITFRN (rolls off the tongue !!)). London Dingwalls. I spent many a night here in the 80's as a youngster, one of the most memorable nights was watching an unknown bunch of oiks from Manchester load their gear onto the stage about to play third on the bill at the Monday indie Panic Station night, then witness the bassist take a piss up his bass-amp thinking he was in the toilet ... it was The Happy Mondays and they went on to do ok ! Anyway, our gig was ace ! After a band/crew communal Camden Weatherspoons steak Tuesday Grill Club soiree & meeting some pals in the Lock tavern (including my mate Cubby who I hadn't seen since the end of 94), i was a tad miffed to realize that I had missed both Fulcher Smith & Dance (featuring two of Ed's fellow Art Bruters ... the band name is sort-of the give-away as to which two!) & the great Internet Forever (though they will play with us in Leeds, so there will be no excuse for missing that one!). I didn't get any pics of the gig, but here's one of Ian of Art Brut helping Eddie offload our sweat-shop made merch onto unsuspecting kids, & one of me & a bunch of my pals in the Lock Tavern. Oh & then it was back to TOTP towers to celebrate, along with visiting US rockers Surfer Blood celebrating the end of their first UK visit and our Chalkie celebrating his birthday, singing Wurzels lyrics along to Melanie songs into the small hours ... and yes it was quite a late one !

No comments:

Post a Comment