A journal as I travel around Europe with Everybody Was In The French Reststance...Now

I will be posting nonsense/pic's etc as I travel around the UK & Europe as guitarist/"musical facilitator" aka the bloke fiddling about at the back with Everybody Was In The French Resistance ...Now .

Thursday 4 February 2010

Hello Hackney !


This is my first blog post so go easy on me ! Well, my pals Dyan Valdes & Eddie Argos have been so kind as to invite me around Europe with them as they/we unleash the live version of Everybody Was In The French Resistance...Now upon the world, well the UK & some of Europe for now! I am excited about this as i haven't done a proper European tour since The Mighty Lemon Drops last full Euro one in 1988 (though I did go to Scandanavia with The Blue Aeroplanes in 1992/3). Anyway, we just did a couple of days rehearsals at Premesis on the Hackney Road, & at the end of the first day the bloke behind the counter shouts my name ... it was Tony Holland who I worked with at Record & Tape Exchange (then Music & Video Exchange) in the early-mid 90's ! Ha ha ! Ok here's a pic of Dyan & Eddie at Premesis (to see if i am able to get the pic thing working). We are off to Cambridge today to play a warm up gig, our first in the UK !!! We are taking a National Express coach from Victoria, which I haven't done for years, & I am excited to hear that they offer wi-fi internet nowerdays ! PS: The Kooks were also rehearsing at Premesis, which I thought was funny, being my least favourite band ever n'all!: Eddie saw them all individually buy their own lunches on credit cards in the cafe, & TH later informed me that they have been in there every day for six months ! Oh & Skunk Anansie were in there as well ... I had no idea that they were still going !!!

1 comment:

  1. I heard from a reliable source that Skin of Skunk Anansie is actually taking over vocal duties in The Kooks as they were looking to beef up their sound!

    Well....OK it was'nt that reliable a source.

    ReplyDelete